The division’s website reports ‘3 million acts of service to people in need in Massachusetts last year.’ Here are a few of the happenings.
• The New England Patriots Foundation hosts an annual Christmas ‘Party with the Patriots’ at Gillette Stadium for children. Last year, the Army invited 190 kids from
Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
• ‘Bridging the Gap’ (BTG), a 12–week life–skills program for juvenile offenders, is active in 10 corps. Since 2007, 132 youth have completed the program, with 36 going on to other corps programs (Sunday worship, teen club, etc.). After remaining offense–free for one year, BTG graduates have their original criminal charge dropped from their record.
• On April 21, 12 runners represented the Army in the Boston Marathon, raising money for divisional program operations and for the Kroc Center.
• About 150 youth gather one Friday night per month for ‘Youth Praise.’
• Sunbeam, Girl Guard, and Adventure Corps programs are growing, with more than 30 new troops registered this year.
• Each summer the Army’s Wonderland
Conference Center hosts approximately