Advertise in Good News!
Web offset, computer-to-plate, 4-color process. Trim size 10.875" x 14", saddle-stitched, printed on 50 lb. No. 3/4 groundwood text stock. Good News! is published 10 times a year (16-page issues releasing monthly, with 24-page "double-issues" in July/August and November/December).
||Size in picas
||Size in inches
||59p0 x 38p0
||9.833" x 6.333"
||29p0 x 38p0
||4.833" x 6.333"
Digital Artwork Specifications
The newspaper is produced using Adobe InDesign CS for the Macintosh platform. We accept native files for InDesign (INDD), Illustrator (AI or EPS), and Photoshop (PSD, layered, 300 dpi). We can also convert QuarkXPress files (QXD, versions 4-6) to InDesign; however, fonts and graphics may shift during conversion.
If submitting PDF files, ensure that all source files are high-resolution 300 dpi artwork in CMYK mode, exported using PDF/X1a setting (include bleeds).
Include a full-color output with the disk.
File Preparation Requirements
- Use only CMYK images in TIFF, EPS, or PSD format in layout. Image resolution must be at least 300 dpi. No RGB, PMS spot colors, or JPEG images.
- Use all raster images at 100% scale or less (for example, 85%) in the layout. Do not scale them above 100%. If you must enlarge an image, do so in Photoshop and then place into the layout at 100%.
- Use only PostScript® Type 1 or OpenType fonts. Do not use TrueType fonts. Be sure to include fonts used in EPS images.
- Include all linked graphics and fonts with layout; use the layout program's "collect for output" or "package" command where available.
- We do not accept PC files, unless the fonts are converted to outlines and the file is exported to PDF/X1a specification.
We cannot guarantee the results if the above requirements are not met. Delay may occur if problems are found with the files submitted. Additional charges will apply if we have to "fix" problems in submitted files.
Contact us if you have any questions about preparing or submitting your files.
Good News! Advertising
The Salvation Army
440 West Nyack Road
West Nyack, NY 10994-1739
Attention: Warren L. Maye, Editor
Phone: (845) 620-7438, Fax: (845) 620-7723